Monday, December 5, 2011

Exclusive Interview with Lowkey

Exclusive Jody McIntyre interviews Lowkey | Ceasefire Magazine

"LOWKEY: I think there have been a few definitive moments in my life that will stay with me. I got stabbed when I was 15 years old; the wound severed two tendons and narrowly missed my ulnar artery. That event taught me that if you put out negative energy, one way or another, it will always come back to you.

When I was 18, my brother killed himself. He was 5 years older than me and suffered from mental illness, but he was never diagnosed and to this day we still do not know what exactly he suffered from. He jumped off an electricity pylon in Canning Town. This loss under those circumstances taught me that some things can never make sense or be understood, they just are. The hardest thing is accepting our own powerlessness. Both of those incidents made me realise how fragile human life is and how important it is to really cherish your loved ones and your health, regardless of what else may be going on at the time."